Friday, August 28, 2009

Me vs Thick Books - Part 3


Ramadhan Kareem to all,

Me Vs Thick Books? MasyaAllah - this is the 3rd post on this topic?

Why on earth should I spend time writing this and dwelled on something that seems unimportant?

First of all, this post serves as a reminder for me.

Well, to cut the story short - My aim for this Summer was to finish reading at least 3 books . AT LEAST.

So, what happened then?

Hmm...Well, I always feel that have issues with thick books. Am I giving excuses to myself?

Fine, this is no longer a hypothesis - it may have just became a fact. I really do have an issue with thick books.

Even worse, it's not just THICK books anymore. Somehow I guess - even the not-so thick books are starting to give me a hard time to finish reading them.

So, why a reminder then? Because as I am writing this post, I haven't finish even one. YEs, not even ONE. Let alone 3?? *sigh*


Secondly, I know as Muslims we need to read a lot. Reflecting back on the number of books I have proudly 'pledged' to read in my previous post - I would say..hmm.

C'mon Nadiah. You can do better than this - READ MORE, MORE! IQra!

I know my ability to focus on something is - what's the right word for it..mm- horrible? awful? dreadful? It is soo.. erm..that I can't even described it in words..
Astaghfirullah - and I'm not kidding.

I know I really had to do something about it - but let's not just went off-topic. My issue with books has not yet been solved.

back to the topic;

Thirdly, I have found a book which I had - applied the theory & all( almost) the knowledge I got from it - and voila! I see results - almost immediately!

I was quite amazed and grateful for the results. Feeling kinda 'WOW' since I haven't even finish reading the book itself- hehe

This Summer has been a very tough one for me. There were tests from Allah that were so hard to endure, felt like all the courage & patience I had were ripped off - left me with days of despair, yet I'm so grateful for all of it.

No pain,no gain, right?

I have yet almost a month before going back to Dublin. And Alhamdulillah, it is Ramadan now.
And it is going to be quite a challenge for me as of now I would want to concentrate on Ramadan.

The only book that I really hope to finish by hook or by crook, is definitely the Holy Quran. InsyaAllah..

Since there are still 3 books lurking in my bedroom, waiting & calling for me to grab them and fulfill my promises...I found it to be a challenge.

Oh Allah, please spare me some time to read them.

This is REALLY going to be a challenge for me. Don't give up. Nadiah~ U can do it!

Like what Mr. Copperbottom wisely advised his son (if i'm not mistaken, it is from a scene in Robots - watched it for the 2nd time while on a flight back to Msia recently);

"If you have a dream that you did'nt fight for, it will haunts you for the rest of your life"

To put this quote into context - since mine is not exactly a dream - but the main point is -

Strive for what u want. Strive hard. Very hard.

So, when you are free. Still, labour hard. And to your Lord turn all of your attention.
(94 : 7-8)


So, here are the 3 books I planned to finish reading - if i don't they will keep on haunting me day by day...




There is a very,very strong reason why I had to buy this book and Alhamdulillah
- it was worth it. This is a book that helped me to change 'me'. May Allah grant me strength to improve and change for the better. My 1304 resolution - do not be reactive!


I bought this book like - err, last Summer but still only halfway through it.
Just to add some Sirah knowledge in me during this Summer and since i'm halfway through it and also because it is not that thick - at all..hehe. i am being realistic k~


This was actually a gift from a friend. Quite excited when 1st got it after once heard about 6 Thinking Hats by a senior last year. I have gone through a few pages, but had to put it off. Finds it a lil bit too technical.Or perhaps my brain just cannot cope with this kind of books for the time being.
But insyaAllah, will do,will do.


This book - was not in my list at first. Got it from iluvislam.com as an appreciation for being a part of WOW.
To the person who is thoughtful enough and chose this book - Jazakumullahu Khayran Jaza'!
Dunno how can I express how excited I am when I got this book. One that I have been looking forward to read after got to know about it few months ago.


That's all for now. Time is crucial.

1 comment:

  1. kak dya..sy masih x dpt kontek duta2 yang terlibat..

    rsnye ain akan ke oberc dlm masa terdekat..
    dan fadhli serta ain rsnye tiada reply..ade cara nak hubungi depa..?

    ReplyDelete