Friday, August 22, 2008

Me vs Thick Books - part 1

Dear Bluegy,

Finally found a name for u~ weird name huh? heyy..if you pronounce it with a smile on your face..it does sound cute. Trust me! if u don't , then juz try it for urself..SMILE~ & say Blue-Gy..!

Ok dokie..back to our topic..what's with the thick books? (read : thick = more than 10 pages. this is my standard..too bad..)

I never knew I had trouble with reading books , especially thick books..Especially THICK, SERIOUS; NON -fiction books ..but this horrible fact came smashing right in front of my face when all my friends..I mean...ALL my friends start talking about books they have read..especially the 'you-know-what' book..with the 'you-know-who' boy wizard in it~ ( u should be able to guess the name by now)..so when I realized the fact that I don't read as much as I do when I was in Tadika..YES! tadika..so I counted back the number of books I have read excluding my academic books..since Form 4 until my final year in KMB..I hardly even remembered~ it was almost none! Maybe there were 2 or 3..but seriously I can't hardly remember.

To all Harry Porter fans out there, I apologized for having to write this and let the whole world know that..I have never ever read any of those 'popular' Harry Porter books..I'm not kidding..I've never even flipped thru that books in my entire life..OK I'm exaggerating~..maybe once or twice..=P It's not that I don't enjoy reading..I love to read..but I juz don't want to read that book..I have my own reason which I'm not telling..only those who asked will know why~

But NOW, I do realized that I HAVE TO READ..I NEED TO..I have to force myself to do so..
Iqra'! Iqra'!
Allah command our Prophet to read ..so..that will also apply to us, umat Nabi Muhammad..
so who am I to deny and ignore the need to read?
Alhamdulillah, I finally found the motivation to start reading again BUT, this time , I will concentrate on reading the non - fiction books. Since I am not the 'reading-type' person or 'ulat buku'..whatever u call it..I have to really choose what books should I read.
The Quran, plus the medical books that are compulsory for me to read..I have tonnes of other things to do..so I can't be wasting my time reading fiction books with no known benefit~ hehe

So Bluegy ...( don't forget to pronouce the name with a smile =)... )

I have bought loads of books..but I have only managed to finish one. Well, at least I kept my promise to finish reading at least ONE book during this summer holiday..hehe..Kudos to Ustaz Hasrizal for writing such a good book--> Aku Terima Nikahnya ..

I didn't bought that book juz for myself though..I want my sister & my brother to read it..and hopefully their boyfriend & girlfriend get to read it too..I regard this as one way of my da'wah for them. Alhamdulillah, my sis has started reading that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment