Sunday, September 14, 2008

What I Did This Summer..

Hello Bluegy,

Apart from my amazing trip to Egypt, there were a few 'major events' which I did after my return to my homeland Malaysia. Specifically, my hometown Ipoh.

They might not be 'major' things for some or most of the people, but for me..as in "ME" and only me, perhaps..

Since it might sounds a bit 'poyo' if I start blogging about all these 'major events' thingy(refering them as 'events' are quite 'poyo' already)...so, I decided to let the pictures do..not all but some of the talking. (Although at first I was going to post a new title for each 'major' events I did.. :D )



Confession of a reckless teenage(?) driver

I can't help to be grateful to Allah. It was such a huge relief for me to finally obtain my driving licence. After failing to obtain it 4 years ago, due to my ' reckless+ "nak mampos" ' on road driving style, my confidence level dropped to almost zero.

I blamed myself for being so stupid and for being such a reckless driver. In the end, I ended up feeling guilty & traumatized. I gave up my 'L' along with my driving lessons for almost 4 years.

I spent more than half of my summer break focusing on my driving lessons. I have never felt this hard and I have never felt so down because of a test before. My medical exams were tough, but all this driving lessons were even tougher!

After few sleepless nights plus few nights dreaming of driving the car.... The much awaited day came..the JPJ tester lady was harsh on me. She was mean.... but I was informed that those JPJ's pretended to be 'mean' & and tried to 'psycho' you all the time. So, I managed to stay calm and ignored her scoldings & blabbering.

As a result...tadaaaa!

proud owner of a driving licence



Me & my "well-umm..-kek batik"

So..this is how the cake will turn out when you ran out of cocoa powder
& use coffee-flavoured Marie biscuits instead of the ordinary one


I know it doesn't look like the 'normal' kek batik..but it sure does taste like one! Or perhaps even better..hehe. Maybe because I prefer the cappuccino-like taste you get by using coffee-flavoured Marie biscuits.

It is quite disappointing when I realized that this is the only..(i repeat) THE ONLY.. non-'lauk pauk' recipe I made during my 3 months stay in Malaysia. What happen to all my 'skills' (konon-konon ada skill~lah) back in Dublin? I thought of making pizza, spaghetti, lasagna, pasta & all sorts of 'Western delicacies' when I'm in Malaysia.
Too bad, I became too lazy to urge myself to cook, but I guess the main reason was because I've had enough of all those Western delicacies back in Dublin. Malaysian foods are far too good to resist for the time being. Missing seafood soo much!


Paper, Testi, E-cards or SMS? I'd vote for paper!

adakah membazir?? hmm.. nah~

One of the things that I enjoy doing is the whole 'process' of buying 'kad raya' , writing them & sending them to all my friends, teachers & anyone I feel like sending to.

Last year was chaotic. I was fully occupied with my preparation to fly to Dublin. I only managed to send 'kad raya' to my family & some of my friends.

I prefer the conventional or traditonal paper 'kad raya' rather than e-cards/testi/SMS . It gives me some sort of "esthetic value" and not to mention, they are tangible of course.

However, in the end of the day, it's the 'doa' & thoughts that count, no matter which 'medium' you prefer.

for my beloved ones...


******************************************************
Mom's cooking always the best!


sayunya hati tengok lauk pauk ni.. (T_T)
secret ingredient = love


Mula - mula kami bercadang untuk berbuka di luar, tapi tiba-tiba pada pukul 5.30ptg, mama kata mama nak masak.

Mama kata.... "tak payahlah makan kat luar, membazir..baik masak"
And I was like.. "huh? alaa..tadi kata nak makan kat luar..sempat ke nak masak nie?"
Mula - mula rasa 'frust' sebab bukan selalu dapat pujuk bapa nak makan kat luar..ini pun baru second time buka kat luar. Tiba - tiba tak jadi.
Bila mama dah start masak, tetibe baru tersedar...malam ni last day makan kat rumah.Esok dah nak pergi KL.
Last day makan kat rumah = last day dapat makan masakan mama
YA Allah! Barulah time tu rasa sedih. Nasib baik tak jadi makan kat luar.
My all-time favourite sambal belacan pun ada.

Alhamdulillah, terharunya..bila dah nak balik Dublin baru la terasa macam singkatnya duduk kat rumah..tertanya - tanya sama ada peluang 3 bulan lebih bersama ibu bapa digunakan sepenuhnya untuk berbakti pada mereka.. (T_T)


With lots of love,
-yah-

2 comments:

  1. dya, selamat pulang ke dublin.
    pulang diiringi doa mama dan bapa~
    moga hari mendatang lebih indah.meski di mana kita berada (dan beraya, hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam...i thot myself je yg rs tertekan dgn driving lessons n test satu ms dulu...rupenye driving ni 1 mimpi ngeri utk most ppl jgk eh...at least im not alone!!xpe, one day u'll be a better driver - rai yg sedang tarbiyah drive laju tp selamat-

    ReplyDelete